Skip to Main Content

Arriving in the UK

Here’s what you need to know before you step off the plane and arrive in the UK as a new student.

Customs & Quarantine

You should ensure that you have the following available in your hand luggage when you arrive in the UK:


  • valid passport
  • valid visa or entry certificate
  • proof of residency
  • evidence of funding: personal or family resources, or confirmation of sponsorship
  • the letter from UPIC confirming your place of study as a full-time student
  • recent medical report (if you have a pre-existing condition. X-ray results will be required, if this applies to you)
  • you may be asked for additional information regarding your proposed studies in the UK

Passport Control Procedures

Procedures and customs at British airports can be stringent and may result in a considerable delay at the end of your flight, especially during peak traffic periods (at the start of term and at UK holiday periods).

Please contact us with your flight details as soon as you book them and, if you are staying in private accommodation, details of a UK address and telephone number. We can then ensure that your arrival into the UK is as smooth as possible. A mobile phone number is also needed in case we have to contact you when you first arrive.

Register With the Police

Certain nationalities of international students are required to register with the UK police on arrival. This is also stated as a condition of some students’ visas and will be clearly indicated in your passport with the words ‘Please register with the police within seven days’.

During your Orientation & Enrolment, you will be told how and where to register. If you are unable to attend registration, please inform us as soon as you arrive and we will give you full details about where to go and who to speak to.

Page section

Students from all the following countries will need to register with the local police:

  • Afghanistan
  • Algeria
  • Argentina
  • Armenia
  • Azerbaijan
  • Bahrain
  • Belarus
  • Bolivia
  • Brazil
  • China
  • Columbia
  • Cuba
  • Egypt
  • Georgia
  • Iran
  • Iraq
  • Israel
  • Jordan
  • Kazakhstan
  • Kuwait
  • Kyrgyzstan
  • Lebanon
  • Libya
  • Moldova
  • Morocco
  • North Korea
  • Oman
  • Palestine
  • Peru
  • Qatar
  • Russia
  • Saudi Arabia
  • Sudan
  • Syria
  • Tajikistan
  • Tunisia
  • Turkey
  • Turkmenistan
  • UAE
  • Ukraine
  • Uzbekistan
  • Yemen

Please note these are subject to change and an updated list can be found on the UKVI website.

Insurance Cover

It is now compulsory for all students to have insurance before they begin their studies with us. As safety and welfare is our priority, we have designed a comprehensive insurance policy in partnership with Endsleigh, Europe’s leading student insurer, specifically for Navitas students.

To name just a few of the benefits, this policy will provide students with cover for:

  • emergency medical/dental treatment
  • cancellation of the course in the event of accident/illness
  • recreational travel within EU and repatriation to a student’s home country if they are seriously ill or injured

More information can be found within your offer letter pack, or you can contact Student Services.

Back to Top